Login to Complete an Application or to Access Reviewing Panel
This is the home page for the Fellowship in Transplantation Grant. Please visit the Grants Home Page to apply for a different grant.
Please review these eligibility, submission and other requirements carefully before submitting your application.
ASTS continues its commitment to providing qualified surgeons with additional clinical training in the field of solid organ transplantation. It is intended to support training with a comprehensive experience in the clinical aspects of transplant surgery, as well as involvement in related clinical, translational, and/or laboratory research.
Amount: $42,500 per year for 2 years
Funds Support: salary and benefits as well as direct research expenses. No indirects will be paid.
- Current clinical trainee in transplant surgery, or accepted as a trainee, in an ASTS approved transplant fellowship.
- Completed surgical residency and demonstrated a career commitment to the area of transplant surgery.
- Research and clinical experience must be sponsored by an ASTS Member.
- Applicant must reside in North America.
- Awardee may not concurrently receive any other financial support for the proposed research from ASTS, AST, ACS, SUS, or other society granting similar support.
- A brief synopsis of your research (250 words maximum)
- Narrative: 3 page maximum plus 1 page of graphics permitted. State the reason for applying for the grant, specific objectives for the duration of the grant, and future plans and goals
- Budget: 1 page maximum
- Autobiography: 1 page maximum explaining your educational background, choice of career, and interest in transplantation and research
- Department Chair Nomination Letter
- Member Sponsor Letter
- The Awardee must attend the ASTS Award Ceremony at the American Transplant Congress (ATC) to formally accept the grant.
- An abstract must be submitted for presentation at an ATC or ASTS Winter Symposium during the grant period or within 6 months of grant completion.
- A mid-report to the ASTS National Office must be submitted in the spring of the first year.
- A final report to the ASTS National Office must be submitted in the spring of the final year of funding.
- Awardee is required to complete the 2 year clinical or research fellowship at the same institution as proposed in the grant for the duration of the award.
- 1 grant is available annually.
* The funding of ASTS research grants is contingent upon the receipt of qualified applications.
Once you have read the requirements and have determine you are eligible, please Click Here to Submit your Application.